BI-TORQ has been an industry leader in valve automation components for almost 40 years. Between our diverse inventory, experienced technical staff, and customizable packages, we are proud to call ourselves a single-service provider for industrial, commercial, and municipal valve automation needs.
Controlled by an electric actuator mechanism, automated ball valves represent one of our most versatile offerings and can be used across a wide range of industries to control the flow of liquids. The valve and actuator components work together to provide a simple, cost-effective solution for fluid containment.
How Does an Automated Ball Valve Work?
A ball valve employs a rotating ball with a hole—also called a port or bore—drilled through it to control the flow of media. When this hole lines up with the flow direction of the pipe, fluid can move through. Rotating the ball 90 degrees (quarter-turn) so that the bore is perpendicular to the pipe wall closes the valve, blocking the flow of liquid against a seal. This design lends itself to use without lubrication, simplicity, and durability, which make ball valves a versatile valve for a broad range of applications.
Ball valves can be automated in several ways, with an electric actuator being a popular choice. An electric actuator uses electricity to drive a motor and gear train to close or open a valve. Electric actuators allow for more precise movements than are possible by other actuators, making them a desirable option for controlling media in applications.
Electric Actuators & Ball Valves Available at BI-TORQ
BI-TORQ carries an extensive line of ball valves and valve actuators that can be combined to suit virtually any application, including:
- BI-100 Electric Actuator: The BI-100 is a cost-effective solution for valves requiring less than 100 inch pounds of torque.
- BI-200/300 Electric Actuators: Our BI-200/300 actuators are reliable options for valves with less than 200 inch pounds of torque.
- BI-400 through BI-1500 Electric Actuators: The BI-400 through 1500 series packs more power, offering excellent control of valves with torques of 400 to 1500 inch pounds. These models come standard with a handwheel override.
- BI-2000/3800 Electric Actuator: Our largest offering for our automated valves, the BI-2000/3800 actuators can handle 2000 to 3800 inch pounds of torque. These models come standard with a handwheel override.
- Positioner Boards for Modulating Electric Actuators: Compatible with all of our electric actuators, this onboard controller allows operators to precisely control valves through the entire range of motion with a 4-20Ma or a 0-10 VDC signal.
- Electric Spring Return/Fail Safe Electric Actuators: Spring return actuators offer peace of mind in environments that may experience power loss. Available for 200 to 1200 inch pounds of torque, our spring return actuators provide a safe and efficient automatic shut-down in the event of power failure.
- Actuator options: All actuators come with a dome position indicator and can be outfitted with auxiliary switches, heaters, thermostats and a variety of accessories to fine tune your application.
- Stainless Steel InstruPak Automated Ball Valves: BI-TORQ offers a full range of stainless steel ball valves that are especially suitable for food, beverage, and chemical applications in a variety of industries. A variety of end connections are available.
- 3-Way Stainless Steel InstruPak Automated Ball Valves: For control more control, our quality stainless steel valves are also available in 3-way configurations that allow for diverting or bypass applications.
- PVC & CPVC InstruPak Automated Ball Valves: Ideal for use in irrigation, pool, and chemical applications, our PVC and CPVC valves are offered in both standard and 3-way models.
- Brass InstruPak Automated Ball Valves: Our full port 2-way and 3-way ball valves are also available in a NPT end connections.
- Fire Safe InstruPak Automated Ball Valves: We also offer certified API 607 fire-safe valves for use with flammable media.
Our valves are an essential component of many general industrial operations, including:
- Chemical & Plastic: Tank farms, loading/unloading, and chemical feed lines
- OEM Machinery: Canning machinery, generators, and laundry equipment
- Food & Beverage:Mixing, process lines, steam lines, and water treatment
- Oil & Gas: Storage, fueling, and loading
Electrically Actuated Ball Valves at BI-TORQ
No matter your industry or application, BI-TORQ Valve Automation carries an electric actuated ball valve that will satisfy your requirements. For more information about our line of quality products or assistance with determining the valve and actuator solution that will best suit your needs, contact us, or request a quote today.